Thank you for reaching out to learn about a self-directed Solo 401(k). My name is Jeff Astor and I am a Senior Account Specialist at Broad Financial as well as the author of The Self Directed IRA Guide. I have the experience and background to direct you to the best plan for your investment. Schedule a call with me to discuss your Solo 401(k) options.
Broad Financial’s Solo 401(k) is fundamentally different than others because it’s a checkbook plan. This means that our fees are flat – no asset based fees and no transaction fees! We have no minimum and you can purchase almost any asset. The reason for this is that Broad Financial is not a broker; we’re not holding your money. We create Plan and a Trust for your Solo 401(k), and you can use it to invest at will. Broad Financial’s “Ultimate Solo 401(k)” boasts these unique features:
- Maximize your tax deductible contributions (up to $64,000 every year)
- Invest your retirement funds into all investment classes (real estate, cryptocurrencies, private loans,, etc.)
- Open a checking account for your Solo 401k at any bank of your choosing
- Place all investments by simply writing a check or wire
- Borrow up to $50,000 from your Plan, and use it for any purpose – business or otherwise
- Transfer/ roll-over your existing retirement funds into your Solo 401k’s checking account
- Our Solo 401k has the ability to hold both Roth and Traditional funds (individually or together)
Who qualifies for our Self-Directed Solo 401K?
- Anyone with active self-employment income (as little as $500/year after taxes).
- No full-time (W-2) employees working for you (full-time is defined as 1,000 hours or more per year).
- If you earn income from rentals, you may qualify. Call us to discuss.
Our Competitive Advantage
- We have A+ rating with the BBB.
- We’re a very experienced company offering self-directed plans since 2009.
- We have 10,000+ clients – representing EVERY state of the country.
- We are not a “one guy in his basement running the whole show” company (who if his business goes under, you will have major obstacles finding another company to take up your plan). No “key man risk” with Broad Financial.
- We work with two of the top ERISA/retirement plan law firms – Davis & Gilbert LLP on the East Coast and GCA Law Partners on the West Coast.
- Our consumer oriented service has given us the reputation as the easiest and most hassle-free self-directed firm in the industry (see below).
- We’re unique in that we’re a checkbook company with its own custodial sister-company, Madison Trust. That means we don’t outsource custodial functions to a third party. It’s all in-house. We work hand-in-glove with the custodian for the smoothest possible customer service. It also means that Broad’s principles are solvent enough for the government to approve it as a Trust company (similar to a bank).
Hundreds of testimonials online- Nobody does it better!
Nobody’s customer service record compares to ours. Check out these links.
- Your Ultimate Solo 401K® binder will be shipped to you within 3-5 business days from receipt of your order. When you receive your binder, you can go to your local bank and open a checking account for your Solo 401k. You can then start investing your retirement funds into the investments you desire – simply & safely.
- If you are in a rush, please let us know as this process can be expedited.
In short… Why Broad Financial?
Even more than a great plan, a great company is probably the most important consideration when opening a Solo 401(k). If you get bad advice or no customer support then you risk penalties and losing the tax sheltered status of your hard earned retirement funds. A reliable company with a proven track record is not a luxury – it is a necessity.
- $995 – This is our one-time set-up fee which includes creating your Solo 401k Plan and Trust, obtaining a Federal ID Number, preparing all documents, helping you get started, and providing continued support. This can be paid up front (and taken as a business expense) or you can pay $495 up front and pay the balance from your Solo 401k once it is set-up.
- $149 annually – Our compliance department will maintain your plan’s IRS approval – a requirement of Section 401k of the Internal Revenue Code, via our Amendment and Restatement Service.
- There are no other transaction or asset-based administrative fees whatsoever.
- You will be billed 12 months after your sign-up date, i.e. there is no annual compliance free in year-1 of the plan.
- Free life-time customer support
Schedule a Call with Me